Postgame thoughts (May 3, 2011)
Rattlers 3, @River Bandits 1
- DUDE! SWEEP!
- First sweep of the Bandits in Quad Cities since 2003.
- Kids, here’s a tip for you when you are running the bases. Do NOT run with your head down. That happened three times yesterday and a couple of times on Monday. You’re going to see it in the Midwest League, but wow…it happened a lot in this series.
- Thankfully, the majority of the times it happened in this series it happened to the guys who are St. Louis farmhands.
- I’m not sure if it would help – or if it has been done – but it might be a good idea to let the umpires know about Tyler Thornburg’s jump turn on pickoff throws to first. It wasn’t called a balk in his first two starts, but the last two umpiring crews have called it.
- No clean innings for Thornburg. He (unofficially) racked up 100 pitches in six innings.
- Still. 6IP, R, 0ER. The run scored after a single, a passed ball, a wild pitch, and a wild pitch. Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but he made the pitches he needed to make to keep the Bandits off the board.
- STOSH! Two scoreless frames AND a 3-2 OT playoff win for the Canucks in Nashville. O, Canada!
- Holle gets the save for the second day in a row. Gets a couple of strikeouts, too.
- The bus got into Beloit at 1am this morning. Time to get back to work
- Well, not quite.
- In honor of TJ Mittelstaedt’s homer to the top of the Tiki Bar in the first inning: