The original dedication plaque of Riverview Stadium, now Alliant Energy Field.
LumberKings 11, Timber Rattlers 1
Boxscore | Game Story
- And the end of the streak comes. But, HEY! 2-1 on the road trip. Do that a few more times and that works pretty well.
- Taijuan Walker was very good today with 11 strikeouts in 6-1/3 innings. He is going to be very good in the future.
- I was asked what I thought of Yadiel Rivera the other day. Advanced defensively and Needs work Offensively was my response. Today, he was charged with two errors. One on a dropped popup that cost two runs.
- Let’s see…what else…The Sun came out in about the 5th inning.
- Bashara pitched well, but the defense and the bottom of the order did him in today. It just snowballed after the leadoff walk and back-to-back-bunts in the third. He did a nice job just keeping that at three runs.
- Carlton Tanabe, the number eight hitter in the lineup score four runs today for Clinton. Robbie Anston, Clinton’s number nine batter, scored three runs.
- The Rattlers hits today were two for Cody Hawn, one for Mike Walker, and one for Robbie Garvey. All of them were sharp singles.
- Brian Garman got into and out of trouble. He pitches two days in a row and does not allow a run. Better.
- A much needed off day on Monday.
- The challenge starts on Tuesday. At home, there will be 5 games in three days with Beloit. 5 games in four days with Burlington.
- Then, the road trip starts on May 24 with 4 games in three days in Peoria; 4 days in Kane County, 3 days in Bowling Green, and 3 days in Dayton.
- Then, a much needed off day on June 6.
- Speaking of days off, I am signing off from the bus right now. Back in the morning or the afternoon or something.