Postgame post (May 17, 2011)
- Zach Braddock is just waiting for the okay from the doctors to get back with the Big League club. He looks ready. Tonight he pitched three scoreless, hitless innings, walked one, and struck out a pair.
- Manuel Soliman struck out 11 over six innings and gave up just two hits.
- HOWEVER, the Rattlers had two on with one out in the first and two on with one out in the fourth. Wisconsin went 0-for-6 with runners in scoring position and stranded nine runners in the game,
- ADDITIONALLY, as you can imagine with some many strikeouts, there were no productive outs tonight. None of the outs with runners in scoring position moved a runner along to the next base.
- In the last two games, Wisconsin has scored one run on seven hits and they have struck out 28 times.
- Think about that. 28 strikeouts. That is one more K than the number of outs needed in for one game.
- Nelson did a nice job getting ahead of hitters in the game. But, he walked three batters on 3-2 pitches.
- If Wisconsin gets through the fifth inning without allowing a run, it would at least have not been as lopsided. But, with two outs and none on base, Nelson gave up a double, a walk, and back-to-back singles to see the game turn from a 3-0 game to a 5-0 game.
- I am not being sarcastic about Brian Garman as the player of the game tonight. As Tony Pechek said on the interview on Sunday, “THAT’S the Brian Garman who pitched in Helena last year.” It should continue.
- Great. MiLB.com wanted to talk to Soliman after the game tonight. That makes two stories on the opposing starters at Time Warner Cable Field over the last four games.
- Shake it off. Doubleheader tomorrow. Game one is an Austin Ross start. Game two is Dan Britt. Come on out for the twinbill on Wednesday starting at 12:05pm
- Regarding tomorrow…Happy North Day! Why Happy North Day?
Q: How did you get your middle name of North?
A: “I get that a lot. That’s my dad’s middle name, too, but it is his mom’s maiden name. She was one of four sisters. Obviously, the name wasn’t going to continue, so my grandmother gave my dad the middle name of North and then they in turn gave it to me. So we’ll probably just keep going from here on, keep the name in the family.”
- Happy North Day! I know it’s an early start on Wednesday, but let’s see if we can get #HappyNorthDay trending.
- Sorry. Too much cough medicine…and cold medicine…and cough medicine…and cold medicine…and cold medicine….and cough/cold medicine.
- Highlights…We Got defensive highlights! You can sense the catch by Keen even with the net support in the way.