Postgame Thoughts (May 22, 2011)
- 4-3 win? Where have I seen that score for the Rattlers?
- New Olympic Competition: 4-Man 27-out sprint. You get four relievers. You need to win the game. GO!
- I almost came up with something like: Outlined against a blue Wisconsin sky the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as famine, pestilence, destruction and death. These are only aliases. Their real names are: Dunn, Britt, Cravy and STOSH!
- But, that would be plagiarism.
- Great job today by all of the relievers. Dun got through three. Britt, who tossed seven innings on Wednesday against Beloit, comes back on three days rest for a couple of innings. Cravy did the job, until he made the hot tag to STOSH!
- Wawrzasek came out for the ninth inning and closed it out for the save. That savesHolle for tomorrow if the Rattlers need him. that’s big in a lot of ways.
- Offensively, Shaw with two solid hits. Mittelstaedt continues to heat up. Dennis picks up an RBI through a drawn-in infield in the bottom of the first inning.
- Yadiel Rivera got a gift of a 2-0 pitch to hit his first pro homer. Look at where that thing was. BOOM goes the dynamite!
- Shaw with a couple of more webgems.
- Today the weather decided to do something different. It was AWESOME! THEN, it rained. A lot. Then, it hailed! Then, we were under a tornado warning. Then, it stopped. NOW, it’s starting again. SHEESH!
- That said, 5,580 was the attendance today. Big things ahead…I think.
- One of my favorite episodes of Without a Trace is Win Today. Jack Malone proves he can take a punch…and much, much worse. Plus, there is this exchange between Jack and his surprise interrogator.
Cynthia Neuwirth: You know what Joe Torre says.
Jack Malone: Oh, I don’t know, what? Go Yankees?
Cynthia Neuwirth: Win today. And all he’s got is George Steinbrenner to worry about.
- My favorite episode of Without a Trace is Candy. I will not provide links to that.
- Zach Braddock and Austin Ross tomorrow. Then, the Rattlers hit the road…for a long time…
- Sorry for the quality of the post tonight. I’m running on empty and have a lot of stuff to do. Watch the highlights again and