Postgames post (May 26, 2011)
Completion of the suspended game
- Sometimes there are no words, no clever quotes to sum up what’s happened that day. Sometimes, the day just… ends.
- Rattlers missed some opportunities in both games.
- In the continuation from Wednesday, the bases were loaded with two outs (4th), A runner was thrown out at the plate (5th) if he scored the lead would have been 6-5, First and third with one out and a runner got picked off first (6th).
- Chiefs pitcher Cam Greathouse has now walked 32 batters this season. He faced 13 batters in two innings. The Rattlers scored two runs off him.
- Jimmy Nelson is the third Timber Rattlers pitcher to pitch a complete game and lose.
- Matt Miller and Del Howell were the first two.
- As was the case with Howell and Miller, it was one bad inning that did in Nelson.
- He was cruising along with 45 pitches in four innings and had allowed one base runner.
- In the fifth, Nelson got another grounder, but it was mishandled for an error. One out later Anthony Giansanti drilled a 1-0 pitch to the grass seats in left and the Rattlers were down 2-1. A walk, a double, and another error and it became a 4-1 deficit.
- Three of the four runs were unearned.
- Unofficially, I had Nelson at 83 pitches (50 strikes) in his outing.
- From @Jimmy_J_Nelson himself: Always learning.
- Spooky stat of the series: The Rattlers committed nine errors in the three game series with the Chiefs. Oddly, they won the game in which they committed four errors.
- Heading into Memorial Day Weekend: The Rattlers are 26-21…Right now, they trail Peoria (27-20) by one game for the Western Division Wild Card and Burlington (33-14) by seven for the Western Division Lead. There are 23 games left in the first half.
- The Rattlers are back in Peoria June 14-16. There will be a doubleheader on June 15.
- Wisconsin has a series with Kane County this weekend. Peoria starts a series in Cedar Rapids and Burlington begins a series at home against Quad Cities tonight.