Does the obstructed view from the radio booth make me hate this place?
Kane County 6, Wisconsin 1
Boxscore | Game Story
- Weird start to this game. First they said it was going to be a 6:15pm start. Then, about 5:45 I was told it would be a 6:10-ish start. Actual start time was 6:13pm. If it was going to be that, why not wait until 6:15?
- Plus, the game was started in a steady rain. Lots of umbrellas and ponchos in the stands for the first 45 minutes or so.
- Austin Ross was the starter tonight. Shortest outing of the season for him. He couldn’t get out of the jams that he was getting into over his last few starts. He gave up a two-out RBI single in the first. The fourth inning snowballed after the first batter reached on a Yadiel Rivera error.
- Ross with 75 pitches in four innings. That’s a lot.
- Dan Britt…yes…Dan Britt…I’ll explain later…came on in relief in the fifth. He worked four innings in his first outing since May 22. After allowing two runs in the first inning, he kept the Cougars off the scoreboard.
- The second run against Britt was just bad luck. Runner at third, two outs, and a grounder was hit to first – and I do mean first. The damn ball hit the bag and bounced over the head of Mike Walker into right field for an RBI.
- When it rains, it…whoops not gonna use that one.
- Carlos George had to come out of the game after legging out a play at first. It’s the second time since May 7 he’s had to come out. No word on his status.
- Rivera has committed three errors in the last three games.
- Nick Shaw is on a 10-game hit streak. Mike Walker is on a 6-game hit streak.
- In the playoff chase, Burlington swept a doubleheader on Saturday and Peoria lost 6-5 at Cedar Rapids despite leading 5-2. Wisconsin is still in third place in the West. They are one game behind the Chiefs for the Wild Card. They are 9-1/2 games behind the Bees for the division lead.
- Also, Cedar Rapids and Quad Cities are both a game behind the Rattlers.
- Tomorrow is game #50 in the 70 game half.
- Personal note. I was terrible tonight. I can’t believe the mistakes I made and the HUGE mistake of calling Britt “Brooks Hall” for three innings. I knew it shouldn’t have been him, and yet…
- I’ll be better tomorrow.
- Charly Bashara was named the starter on Monday for the Rattlers.
- Here are the probable pitching matchups for the series in Bowling Green that starts on Tuesday:
RHP Brooks Hall v. LHP CJ Riefenhauser
RHP Jimmy Nelson v. LHP Enny Romero
RHP Jameson Dunn v RHP Victor Mateo