Mike Walker is a blur rounding third after his 10th home run of the season. You know what else is a blur...most of the last 15 hours.
Rattlers 6, Hot Rods 3
Box score | Game story
- Jameson Dunn now has a 14-1/3 inning scoreless streak. Fastball topped out at 94. Good movement on the breaking balls. And threw the changeup for strikes when he needed to do that.
- Of course, Yadiel Rivera’s diving stab of a liner ticketed for left field with a runner at third and one out will help keep a lot of scoreless streaks intact.
- 15 hits for the offense! Everybody had at least one hit.
- And yet, it was 2-0 until the sixth.
- The Rattlers were playing small ball in the sixth inning. Walker singled. Romero dropped a sacrifice bunt up the first base line and no one covered the bag to let Frankie get a hit. Then, Garvey dropped a bunt up the third base line and the pitcher Victor Marte turned to throw to third. Problem: no one was covering that bag either. Bases loaded on two wannabe sacrifice bunts.
- Then, Tyler Roberts waited back on an 0-2 breaking ball and lined a two run single into left. Unfortunately, Garvey got hung up between second and third. Fortunately, he stayed in the rundown long enough for Roberts to get to second base.
- Rivera followed with a double and the Rattlers were up 6-0. Rivera with three hits last night! Nice.
- By the way, Dennis Haskins was at the game in Bowling Green last night. He threw out a first pitch, signed autographs, sung Take Me Out to the Ballgame, asked for the teachers to stand up and be recognized during the 7th inning stretch, and did a postgame meet and greet with fans.
- He was pretty cool and he will be at Time Warner Cable Field on June 9 with pretty much the same plan in mind. See you there, Mr. Belding!
Dennis Haskins (Mr. Belding from Saved by the Bell) during the 7th inning stretch in Bowling Green on Thursday.
- The Rattlers bus got into the hotel at 4:45am this morning. The eastern time zone is STUPID, by the way. I was on the early bus. The late bus doesn’t leave until 3:30 EDT/2:30CDT. The days just seem to be getting longer on this road trip.
- Happy Austin Ross Day!