Two runs score on a first inning by Greg Hopkins on Sunday at Dayton.
Rattlers 4, Dragons 1
Boxscore | Game Story
- Road trip record 5-8. Record in Last four games: 3-1
- So, after a 2-7 start, the Rattlers regrouped and took three out of the last four. Nice job.
- For those interested in velocity…and I know there are a few of you…Brooks Hall topped out at 92 and was tossing several easy 91′s to the plate.
- Nice offspeed pitches from him as well as he recorded five strikeouts. Only one walk, too.
- Two straight quality starts for Hall, too.
- Game #2 with Hopkins in the #4 spot and he cleans up with a two run single in the first…as seen above…He has four RBI in those games.
- Yes, another error for Rivera on a throw that he should not have made to try to get the speedy Billy Hamilton on a potential double play ball. But, YES! another great play to save a run for Eric Marzec in the 8th.
- I’m just going to go ahead and give Holle an honorary 1-2-3 ninth inning today. He had two outs. Then, broken bat blooper to center for single. Then, bad hop single. That brings the tying run to the plate.
- No problem. Grounder to Rivera at short. Game over.
- I was
a little VERY surprised that Holle did not make the Western Division All-Star squad. Before today he was 11-for-11 in save opportunities. He’s had two bad outings that jumped his ERA up there and those were not save opportunities. No other Western Division Closer had more than seven saves before today. And yet…
- Here are the other relievers on the Western Division squad for the All-Star Game. Click the link for their player pages. Daniel Tenholder (BUR), Zach Thornton (BUR), Dakota Robinson (CR), Justin Wright (QC).
- And here is Holle’s MiLB.com Player page.
- I am biased, but Holle should be on this Western Division Team for the All-Star Game
- And just for grins, here is Marzec’s page. He should have at least been in the conversation to a spot.
- I saw a note somewhere on the Brewers record in certain jerseys so far this season. I think the Brewers are now 10-9 when wearing the blue tops in 2011.
- In a Rattlers related note on attire, Sunday’s are Hawaiian Shirt day for the team. They can wear a Hawaiian shirt on the bus or to the clubhouse on Sundays instead of the required normal collared shirt. Wisconsin is 6-3 on Sundays this season. That includes a 3-1 record on Sunday road games.
- I’ll say this there are some ugly shirts on this bus.
- Bowling shirts are also an option. I brought one along on this trip. I did not wear it. I felt it was too powerful for them.
- And now…we ride back to Wisconsin. It is 6:00pm central time as I wrap this up. We got on the road about an hour ago, but there is a long way to go. Everyone should enjoy the day off on Monday and be ready to get back to work on Tuesday. Lake County is coming to town to start a three game series and the Wild Card Spot is right there for this Rattlers team. They trail Quad Cities by a game with 13 games left because the River Bandits lost in South Bend and Peoria lost in Great Lakes.
- Can’t wait to see Time Warner Cable Field again. Can’t wait to see everyone at the ballpark this week.
- Now, I’ll hum this little John Denver tune in my head for the next eight hours.