Postgame Thoughts (June 10, 2011)
- I do not have a lot to add tonight. The following passage from the game story tells the, um, story.
It was bad news all around the Midwest League scoreboard for the Timber Rattlers. Quad Cities, the leaders in the Western Division Wild Card race, destroyed Great Lakes 20-2. Peoria beat South Bend 6-3 and Beloit edged Lake County 3-2 in ten innings.
has dropped into a three-way tie for third placeremains in third place in the Western Division with Peoria (31-30) and Beloit (31-30) one game behind the Rattlers. All three teamsWisconsin trails Quad Cities (34-27) by two games in the chase for the Wild Card.*
- Not impossible to make up two games over the final nine games. But it sure as heck isn’t easy.
- Brooks Hall topped out at 94 and was sitting 91-92.
- But, this is the hardest he has been hit since joining the Rattlers.
- Greg Hopkins.
- Elaboration on Hopkins: 10-game hitting streak. In six games since going into the cleanup spot, Hopkins is 11-for-26 with nine RBI.
- Five errors tonight.
- Fort Wayne went through six pitchers tonight.
- How about a couple of whimsical photos to close this post out.
- *-I have been making way too many mistakes.