Postgame Thoughts (June 29, 2011)
- Thanks to Sports32 for allowing the production crew to cut up the highlights from last night’s game.
- Brooks Hall doing what Brooks Hall does. Another fine outing for the 4th rounder in ’09.
- It’s not in the highlights, but there was a very good play by Mike Walker at third last night.
- Rubi Silva had tripled with one out in the top of the first. The Rattlers brought the infield in and Walker handled a hot shot off the bat of Greg Rohan. Walker handled the sharply hit grounder looked Silva back and threw out Rohan at first.
- Oddly, that play happened at just about the same spot Walker and I were talking before the game about the length of the infield grass at Miller Park.
- Before the game, Walker thought the grass needed to be a little shorter. After the game, he thought it was juuuust right.
- In case you were wondering GO/AO ratio for Hall last night was 8/7.
- No walks and one strikeout.
- Look at the play on the liner back to the mound and put yourself in Hall’s position. You want to be a pitcher, eh?
- Garman and Marzec with more solid work out of the bullpen.
- Greg Hopkins (3-for-4) becomes the second Rattler to homer at Miller Park. Brock Kjeldgaard hit one in ’09.
- Cody Hawm probably should have had three hits, two, but Silva made a diving catch on a sinking liner to right in the 6th.
- Overall, a fun night for all.
- The bus arrived at the hotel in Cedar Rapids around 3am today.
- Movies on the trip so far: Tommy Boy and Super Troopers.
- Arrival time for the team to the ballpark is 3pm. Game time is 6:35pm.
- Expect today’s lineup and game notes…soon.
- Let’s go, Rattlers!