Members of the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers are interviewed after Tuesday's game in Beloit.
Rattlers 8, Snappers 3
Boxscore | Game Story
- I feel old. I had to try to explain who the Road Warriors were to TJ Mittelstaedt before the game yesterday
- If it leads to a 5-for-5 day with 3 RBI everyday, I should try to explain who The Fabulous Freebirds were to someone
- Jimmy Nelson worked through some issues in the second inning and never looked back.
- Eight strikeouts in seven innings. Go, Bama! Roll, Tide!
- Nelson’s last three starts: 21IP, 15H, 6R, 7BB, 19K. Not eye-popping numbers, but much improved from early in the season.
- The offense didn’t let Manuel Soliman get comfortable either. It looked like he was going to be in for one of THOSE games against the Rattlers as he allowed one hit and struck out two in the first 2-1/3 innings.
- Then, Chad Stang got things rolling with a double to right in the third.
- Stang looks much more at ease at the plate than he did when he started with the Rattlers. That’s good.
- Current hitting streaks for the Rattlers:
Greg Hopkins: 8 games (11-for-35)
Cody Hawn: 6 games (10-for-24)
TJ Mittelstaedt: 6 games (14-for-28)
Chad Stang: 6 games (11-for-25)
- By the way, this is the first time Hawn has made it to a six-game hitting streak this season. He’d made five four other times.
- One other note on Mittelstaedt…Say hello to your Midwest League leader in Batting Average!
- Great trip for the Rattlers. They were 5-1 and that sweep of Beloit at Pohlman Field was the first by the Rattlers since 2001.
- Movie on the bus ride home last night was “The Road to Perdition”.
- Nice movie, but I’m supposed to believe that Forrest Gump kills Cool Hand Luke AND James Bond.
- Come on!
- The first place Cougars are in town for three games starting tonight.
- LET’S GO, RATTLERS!