Rattlers 11, Cougars 5
Boxscore | Game Story
- The Rattlers LAUGH at four run deficits in the first inning.
- Be honest. What did you think after the Cougars were up 3-0 with no outs and runners at the corners five batters into the game?
- Me? I thought of this quote from Rocky III:
Apollo Creed: [during the rematch with Lang] He’s gettin’ killed out there!
Paulie: No, no, no! He ain’t gettin’ killed; he’s gettin’ mad!
- Rewind to July 2. The first three runners reached base, two scored. Miller gives up one run over the next three innings and the Rattlers came back to win the game.
- July 7: It’s 4-0 after the top of the first. Miller allows one hit over the next five innings.
- However, let’s not make a habit of this.
- Unofficially 93 pitches with 59 strikes over six innings. 30 of those pitches were in the top of the first.
- Keep in mind that Miller threw 80 pitches in four innings back on July 2.
- Offensively: My gosh. Look at the highlights.
- Paciorek’s homer was a laser and didn’t have time to go foul.
- Mike Walker bumped his batting average to .294 with a 4-for-4 day. Add in a walk for him as well #49 on the season.
- Chad Stang is looking very comfortable out there now. Three more hits today and an 8-game hitting streak.
- Cody Hawn is on an 8-game hitting streak now, too.
- Did you know…The Rattlers are 75-for-204 (.366) in their last five games.
- Um, that is an average of 15 hits per game in the last five games.
- That’s good? Right?
- Congratulations to Chris Dennis on the promotion today.
- Welcome back to the active roster Carlos George.
- Handshakes all around!
A job well done!