Postgame Thoughts (August 4, 2011)
- Well, shoot.
- Miller pitched well again.
- He made a very nice pitch and jammed Stefen Romero in the first inning.
- But, was unfortunate that the ball dropped in for a two-out RBI single.
- STOSH! and Casey Medlen both solid again out of the bullpen.
- Did you know that Casey Medlen has allowed one unearned run and an 8:0 K:BB in 11 innings pitched since joining the team?
- Well, he does.
- Chad Stang with three hits AND a very nice read on a base hit to right-center that turned a single into a double AND led to the first Wisconsin run in the game.
- I’m still not sure if Rivers caught that ball on the sacrifice fly by Rogers in the eighth inning.
- It looked like it may have bounced, but Nick Shaw started to head back to first before the base umpire made the call.
- Shaw was at first when the ball was hit and he had turned to look at the play to make sure he wasn’t caught some place he shouldn’t have been.
- So, close.
- Who knows? IF that ball falls in, there are at least runners at first and second with one out with the Rattlers down a run.
- But, it doesn’t work that way.
- By the way, Shaw extended his hitting streak to 11 games tonight. It’s his second 11-game hit streak this season.
- Oh, and Joey Paciorek has quietly put together a 7-game hitting streak.
- Game four of the series is Friday night. Last chance against the LumberKings this season.
Sorry for the bare bones.
Highlights have not generated yet
and the picture I took tonight was more terrible than what I usually take. Head here to check for highlights.