Good times never seemed so good.
Beloit 6, Wisconsin 4
Boxscore | Game Story
- Missed opportunities tonight. Both in the game and in the standings.
- Kane County and Clinton both lost and Beloit picks up ground on both.
- Nick Ramirez was striking the ball with authority tonight. Both of his hits were smacked. He just missed on a home run in the sixth as he pulled the ball just foul to right. Then, he drew a walk.
- Reggie Keen with two hits AND two very nice catches. You’ll see both catches on the the highlights
- For 70′s night, the players went with 70′s music for their intro music….
- Mike Brownstein went 0-for-5 on the night. He had “More Than A Feeling” by Boston.
- Brownstein may now hate the band Boston almost as much as I do.
- I hate the band Boston…a lot…A. Lot.
- The Rattlers keep swinging until their final out again. Down 6-3 with two outs and none on in the bottom of the ninth. Macias singles. Keen singles. Shaw singles! Macias scores! Winning run to the plate….
- But, it didn’t happen tonight.
- A bit off topic here, but every time I had to say the name O’Rourke for the Beloit starting pitcher, I think of this classic John Wayne movie. Now, I want to watch that movie again.
- Seth Lintz has pitched two more scoreless innings with a pair of walks and a strikeout.
- Lintz for the season: 8.1IP, 3H, 3BB, 8K
- Velocity was good, too.
- Earlier today, I taped a few segments to Timber Rattlers Field Pass. The show should debut on Sports32 on August 23rd. Interviews with Matt Erickson, Charlie Greene, and Matt Miller.
- I was trying to figure out how many years we have been doing Field Pass, a show that started out on Cable Access. I think it was 2003…maybe 2003….
- During the off-season, they may need to put up video on youtube of Mirror Universe Mehring (I had a goatee for the playoff run) interviewing Jeff Clement in one of his first days in a Timber Rattlers uniform.