Earlier in the night...
Beloit 4, Wisconsin 1
Boxscore | Game story
- That was a tough spot tonight…for everyone. The fans, the front office, the grounds crew, and the players.
- The radar was showing a light rain at game time. There was yellow on the radar, but it looked like it would miss us. Then, once that light rain moved through we would be clear right through to the end.
- Best laid plans.
- By the time Jimmy Nelson was 2-1 on the second batter of the game, it was raining like the final game in the Snipes-DeNiro-John Kruk classic: The Fan.
- Unlike that game, this one was halted…for 70 minutes.
- Nelson went back out after the delay. But, he was throwing back in the hitting tunnel to stay warm.
- Tough night for Nelson, but he kept competing and you there’s nothing wrong with that.
- Dan Britt since coming off the DL on July 31: 5 games, 9.1IP, 4H, R, BB, 7K
- Greg Hopkins cracked a homer in the 7th.
- Nick Ramirez is on a four-game hitting streak and is hitting the ball hard. Tonight, it was a line drive double into the right field corner
- The rain really started coming down after the final out of the bottom of the seventh and after thirty minutes. it was game over.
- Eric Arnett gets his first Midwest League start of 2011 on Saturday night.
to come later tonight in the morning….HERE: