He's got it!
Wisconsin 12, Quad Cities 3
Boxscore | Game Story
- Now, THAT is how you follow up getting shutout!
- Before getting to the offense, let’s hear it for Brooks Hall.
- I believe that I have used the made up word “Pitchability” and the old west prospector word “Gumption” to describe Hall.
- Both words still stand after today.
- Bases loaded w/ no outs in the 2nd: one run; two on in the 3rd: 0 runs; leadoff 2B in the 4th: 0 runs; 1 out 2B in the 5th: 0 runs
- Very nice.
- Speaking of very nice, TJ Mittelstaedt officially broke out of his slump today. Before this game, he was 1-for-34 with one RBI for the month of August. Today: 3-for-5 with a homer, and four RBI.
- By the way, Mittelstaedt with 10 homers and 20 stolen bases this season.
- Nick Ramirez also drove in four runs on Sunday and continues to scald the baseball.
- Jason Rogers double in the sixth would have been a homer…if the wall in left were 8′ high.
- I think that Rogers has hit at least four – maybe five – balls off the top tier of the wall in left field at home. He’d be at about nine or ten homers on the season.
- But, that doesn’t matter when you can beat out infield singles to let the go ahead score!
- Rattlers hitting with runners in scoring position on Sunday: 9-for-16.
- Rattlers w/ RISP and 2 outs on Sunday: 6-for-9
- I’ll need to check with someone, but I think that’s pretty good.
- Seth Lintz with 9-2/3 scoreless innings over seven outings for the Rattlers.
- Oh, Lintz w/ four walks and nine strikeouts in those 9-2/3 innings.
- I also saw a 94mph in there for him, too.
- Miller Time on Monday afternoon.
- Enjoy the highlights.