Good mood! Brats! For Everyone!
Wisconsin 7, Quad Cities 5
Boxscore | Game Story
- I wouldn’t characterize Miller as completely wild today. Yes, there were some pitches that were well outside the strike zone, but several early pitches were borderline. That just built on itself.
- It must be a thing with Miller and the River Bandits. Two starts vs. QC: 6.2IP, 2H, 2R, 13BBs, 6 K.
- Britt & Williams were workman-like in their relief outings.
- Rosario wasn’t exactly Rosario the Ridiculous – meaning his stuff wasn’t ridiculous – in the eighth. But, in the ninth, you bet.
- Speaking of ridiculous…check out the two defensive plays by the Rattlers at the end of the highlight reel.
- Rattlers pitchers did the job today and stranded 12 Quad Cities runners in the game.
- Meanwhile, the Rattlers went 3-for-6 with a runners in scoring position.
- And one of those as at bats without a hit was an error that would have got a run home anyway.
- Plus, TJ Mittelstaedt’s sacrifice fly got a run home, too.
- Great to see Reggie Keen with solid contact and a key hit today. He laced that triple in the fifth to put the Rattlers up 3-2.
- Nice reaction by the Rattlers fans in the bottom of the eighth inning. Nick Ramirez sent a high fly to center, but Nick Longmire lost the ball in the Sun. The ball looked like it was going to drop. Then, out of nowhere — well, technically from way over in right field — Chris Edmondson flashes into the picture and makes a diving catch. The fans gave a nice ovation to Edmondson for the catch.
- The Rattlers wrap up the 18-game season series with the River Bandits 9-9.
- I really can’t believe that there only seven home games left in the regular season.
- Off day on Tuesday. Then, it’s off to Peoria for three and Burlington for four games.
- The scheduled Rattlers starting pitchers for the road trip*:
WED: LHP Del Howell @PEO
THU: RHP Jimmy Nelson @PEO
FRI: RHP Eric Arnett @PEO
SAT: RHP Brooks Hall @BUR
SUN: RHP Matt Miller @BUR
MON: LHP Del Howell @BUR
TUE: RHP Jimmy Nelson @BUR
*-Subject to change
- Enjoy the highlights: