Five Man Electrical Infield (Click to enlarge)
Peoria 5, Wisconsin 4
Boxscore | Game Story
- Another day, another shot of an unusual defensive alignment
- That’s the second time in two years the Rattlers have gone to the 5-man infield. It’s also the second time that it has worked. Click here and scroll down to the 12th inning of this game at Community Field on July 3, 2010.
- Cody Hawn hits a double to the same spot he singled in the first inning last night.
- Hawn also with a stolen base.
- Franklin Romero walked again. That’s FOUR!
- Reggie Keen with an outfield assist, his 14th of the season. It was the 43rd of the season for the Rattlers.
- Weird bounce for Nick Ramirez in the eighth inning. He hit a ball that was foul up the third base line. It spun back fair…then, hit the lip of the grass to spin back foul.
- Odd play by Arismendy Alcantara in the bottom of the seventh. He was the tying run at second base with one out and Richard Jones, Peoria’s RBI leader and a lefty, at the plate. Alcantara tried to steal third. Paciorek through him out easily, but the trail runner took second on the play.
- Unfortunately, Jones singled away from the shift with a runner on second to send the tying run home.
- The crazy thing about that game tonight was that the Rattlers had four hits and still had a chance to win it.
- The other crazy thing is that opponents now have eight “walk-off” wins against the Timber Rattlers this season.
- One other crazy thing….Rally vegetables:
Rally. Vegetables. Seriously.
- Those are probably interns. So, you want to start working baseball?
- Clinton AND Kane County both won tonight. The Rattlers are nine back of Kane County and six back of Clinton. 18 games left in the regular season.