A nice moment before Saturday's game
Burlington 9, Wisconsin 1
Boxscore | Game Story
- It was Iowa National Guard Night at the Bees game on Saturday. A group of Iowa National Guardsmen marched on to the field in formation from the first base gate before the game. Once they were on the field and at ease, the Bees players and coaches – wearing their camouflage jerseys – marched single file from their third base dugout and got into line behind the Guardsmen. Then, the Color Guard took the field.
- I have seen a lot of pregame ceremonies. Sometimes they get a little off point by doing too much and trying to get to intricate.
- The Bees front office kept it simple and it was very powerful and very well done.
- As for the game…The Rattlers took the lead in the second.
- Then, Burlington scored nine unanswered with one in the second, two in the third, two in the f0urth, and four in the sixth.
- The first five were off Matt Miller. The last four were off Dan Britt.
- Britt almost got out of a bases loaded, no out situation with only one run scoring. But, AJ Kirby-Jones hit a 3-run double on a 2-0 pitch to clear the bases.
- Britt struck out three in 2/3 of an inning. But a wild pitch on a strike three that would have ended the inning got away. That happened after the hit by Kirby-Jones.
- Nick Shaw had three hits and could have easily had four hits. But an excellent running catch by Tyreace House in the 8th.
- Chad Stang had two hits, an RBI, a walk, and a stolen base. He has made good strides from where he was when he joined the Rattlers to where he is now.
- Rafael Neda made his Timber Rattlers debut he came on to catch the bottom of the eighth. He was due up fourth in the ninth and got to hit when Stang singled.
- I am just guessing here, but I am going to take a wild stab and say that Neda gets the start behind the plate on Sunday.
- Get the Bees tomorrow! Game time is 2pm.
- A few links: Have you seen this triple play by Nashville, the Triple A affiliate of the Brewers? The scoring went 8-4-3. It should have gone 8-head of 8-8-4-3.
- Oh, and the Brewers won 11-9 in New York…after seeing a 7-1 lead turn into a 9-7 deficit!