This would be a much better picture of the last out if there wasn't a screen...and if I were a better photographer
Rattlers 8, Bees 4
Boxscore | Game Story
- The Rattlers were up 7-0 and they took advantage of what the Bees gave them.
- Nick Shaw scored three runs from the leadoff spot
- TJ Mittelstaedt had three hits and scored three runs from the number two spot
- Mittelstaedt (4) and Shaw (6) turned a key 4-6-3 double play in the third inning against a couple
- Rafael Neda could have had three hits on Tuesday. But, there were three very nice pick and throws by Burlington infielders
- Which is weird…considering they had SIX errors in the game.
- By the way, Burlington has 176 errors on the season and they are nine games over .500
- Jimmy Nelson started with five scoreless innings, but three straight hits and two grounders in the sixth gave the Bees three runs.
- Then, a walk and a single put runners on second and third with no outs in the bottom of the seventh.
- Nelson got the first out. Then, Casey Medlen – stop me if you’ve heard this before – came on and threw strikes.
- Medlen struck out both batters he faced and the Rattlers maintained their 7-3 lead.
- Cody Hawn drove in a run in the eighth with a ground rule double. He knocked in two in the game on Tuesday. He now has eight in seven games since returning from the disabled list.
- Alan Williams was less sharp than he had been in past appearances. Gave up a run in the eighth and walked three in the ninth.
- Adrian Rosario relieved Williams with the bases loaded and an 8-4 lead and two outs. Then, he fell behind Crisotomo 2-0.
- Then, he got the popup that is the blurry photograph above for the final out of the game.
- It was a very warm and humid night in Burlington, but the bus is cool, and it shouldn’t be that long before the team is home.
- The last seven home games on the schedule are August 24-30.
- See what is going on during the homestand right here.
- Signing off for the night. See you all at Time Warner Cable Field.