Talk it out. Talk it out.
Rattlers 5, Cougars 2
Boxscore | Game Story
- Matt Miller looked good on Thursday. Oh, there were spots where he was not hitting his spots, but I think that he can claim about four broken bats.
- He’s got good stuff and it has been exciting to watch him develop over the season.
- Miller scattered seven hits, recorded six strikeouts, walked two, and hit two.
- And it wasn’t just that he was getting strikeouts. It was WHEN he got the strikeouts, most notably the two in the fifth inning.
- The Cougars had just tied the game. Geulin Beltre had just stole second and went to third on an error. There was only one out.
- Miller struck out the #3 and #4 batters in the Kane County order to end the inning and keep the game tied.
- Casey Medlen actually gave up a run on, but it was on a two-out RBI in the top of the ninth inning. Didn’t walk anyone. He struck out three.
- On the offensive side, TJ Mittelstaedt walked, stole a base, and scored on the Jason Rogers single in the fourth. That was stolen base #25 for the Dirtbag.
- Reggie Keen with a big hit to drive in the run that put the Rattlers up 2-1.
- Alert base running by Brandon Macias. He scored from third when a pickoff throw to first was dropped and barely trickled into foul territory.
- Rafael Neda ends an 0-for-15 start with the Rattlers in a big way. His 2-run single in the sixth gave the Rattlers a 5-1 lead.
- So…What do the Rattlers do after beating Kane County?
- Settle in for the show, of course:
Monkeys? Dressed as Cowboys? Must be in the front rooooow.