Score 19 runs, win, and you get to watch the fireworks!
Rattlers 19, Cougars 7
Boxscore | Game Story
- I almost want to post a Steely Dan video and call it a night
- But, let’s just go with the highlights…
- First, the Rattlers were 8-for-20 with runner in scoring postion
- Second, the Rattlers were 2-for-2 with a walk and a sacrifice fly in 4 plate appearances with the bases loaded
- TJ Mittelstaedt with a 2-for-3 night, three walks, and FIVE RUNS scored. Plus, stolen base #26 on the season.
- That will happen when you send nine batters to the plate in the first and fourth, and also 10 to the plate in the sixth.
- Nick Ramirez drove in five with three extra base hits, a pair of doubles and a long homer to the beach in right-center.
- Joey Paciorek with a monstrous homer over the batter’s eye in center.
- Not sure what happened once the Rattlers got up 7-0. There were a couple of errors in the third inning and Brooks Hall did not bounce back from those. Then, he gave up the two-run homer in the fourth to let the Cougars tie the game.
- But, Brian Garman and Maverick Lasker picked up Hall tonight.
- Garman with 3IP, H, 0R, and 2K
- Lasker, in his first game since August 6, tossed three perfect innings, struck out five, and picked up his first professional save.
- Reggie Keen with stolen base #39 on the season
- Oh, and in case you were wondering, the Rattlers record for runs scored in a game is 20. That record was set on April 28, 1996 against Lansing and matched on August 14, 2001 at Fort Wayne.
- And now….Ladies and Gentlemen….Donald Fagan and Walter Becker: