Can someone please give Greg Holle a fist bump!?!
Timber Rattlers 7, Kernels 2
Boxscore | Game Story
- To paraphrase an old parable: The fox scores in a couple of innings. The hedgehog scores in one big inning!
- Before getting to the offense tonight…Give it up for Del Howell!
- He was in trouble in the third as the Kernels had the bases loaded and no outs. A wild pitch scored a run. Then, it was GO BAMA! ROLL TIDE! Line out, strike out, fly out.
- Then, the 4th happened.
- It’s innings like that – and night’s like what Cody Hawn and Jason Rogers had tonight – that make you wonder what kind of season the Rattlers could have had IF Rogers didn’t miss two months AND Hawn didn’t miss a month…AND Mike Walker hadn’t missed the last few weeks.
- Dang it.
- Oh, and the left field wall owes Jason Rogers another home run and this one would have been a grand slam. That’s at least five – maybe six – balls that Rogers has hit between 8′ and 15′-10″ off the 16′ high part of the wall.
- You know what is tough to do? Raise a team batting average this late in the season. To even move it a point takes a lot after the 130 game mark.
- The Timber Rattlers have 32 hits in their last two games.
- Wisconsin was hitting .249 as a team after their game on August 25.
- After Saturday’s game, the Timber Rattlers are hitting .252.
- Congratulations to Greg Holle! He just tied John Thompson’s franchise record for saves in a season. Tonight, Holle tossed three perfect innings and struck out four
- Just bringing this up: Kane County lost again on Saturday night. The Rattlers are 27-34 on the half. They are tied with Beloit for fourth place. Wisconsin trails Kane County by six games for the wild card with nine games remaining in the season.
- Also, just bringing this up: Taylor Green Timber Rattlers Bobbleheads are available in the team store.
- Biggest Crowd of the season on Saturday night. That would be 6,407. Very nice.
- Big day on Sunday. Damian Miller is at the game. There is the postgame autograph session and the Live Postgame Jersey Auction of the uniforms bases on the 1975 Milwaukee Brewers. Proceeds from the auction go to Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
- PLAY BALL and see you on Sunday at 1:05pm!
- Hot air balloon not necessary:
Hot air balloon? What?
Oh! You saw that, too. Good.