Carlos Gomez at the plate...
Kernels 6, Timber Rattlers 4
Boxscore | Game Story
- Well, shoot.
- The results…eh…Kane County won tonight. That puts them six games clear of the Rattlers with seven games left.
- Let’s focus on a few other things tonight.
- Nick Ramirez is stinging the baseball. Tonight was the third time he has collected three doubles in a game.
- That would be three times in the last four games for him to have three doubles in a game.
- Cody Hawn is also ripping the baseball. He had two sharp singles and a walk to move his average to .296.
- Carlos Gomez denied Rolando Gomez a home run in the top of the fifth.
- He raced back to the wall just to the right of the batter’s eye and leapt to get a glove on the ball.
- Gomez didn’t make the catch, but he brought it back into the park
- Then, he turned it into an outfield assist when Rolando tried for a triple.
- That’s 46 outfield assists this season for the Rattlers.
- Gomez left the game after he grounded out in the seventh inning. He went 1-for-4 with another stolen base, & the outfield assist.
- Eric Arnett’s slider looked good again, but he missed the strike zone eight straight times in the fifth to first load the bases and then force in the tying run.
- In the eighth, the Rattlers looked like they caught a huge break on the obstruction call in the eighth.
- When the call stood, Kernels manager Brent Del Chiaro was ejected. But it was during the argument that the production crew earned their salary for the homestand.
- During the argument one of the quick thinkers began playing this clip from Billy Madison:
- The crowd had one of their strongest reactions to anything that has been played by the production crew all season.
- Speaking of the crowd: 5,295 on a Monday night.
- The crowds have been awesome over the final homestand.
- Come on out and say good bye to the home schedule on Tuesday night.