One last brat. One last time.
Cedar Rapids 6, Wisconsin 3
Boxscore | Game Story
- I can’t get Peter Gabriel’s Red Rain out of my head.
- Fun Fact: No rain in the Red Rain video. However, lots of light & shadow.
- Fun Fact: Based on viewing his videos…Peter Gabriel is a weird dude. Creative, but weird
- Oh, there was a game Tuesday.
- There was a steady rain through the game, but since it was the last home game of the season and there was a good crowd at the ballpark, they played.
- Tuesday’s crowd = 5,911
- Final 4 home games of the season = 24,119
- The 64 home openings this season = 240,998 for an average of 3,766 per date.
- For reference: The Rattlers drew 244,331 fans and averages 3,759 per date in 2010.
- STUPID RAIN!
- To the performances:
- Nick Shaw walked three more times. He has walked 79 times this season.
- Shaw is in third all by himself on the Timber Rattlers single season walks list. The two guys in front of him are Bo Robinson (108 in 1999) and Shawn McCorkle (87 in 2000).
- For reference: Robinson had 13 homers and 50 doubles in 1999. McCorkle had 17 homers and 29 doubles in 2000
- TJ Mittelstaedt had three more hits and two more RBI. Average is back up to .297.
- Maverick Lasker got to hear a little Berlin after he got the final out of the top of the seventh.
- Small sample size alert! Lasker has not allowed a run and has seven strikeouts in 4-1/3 innings out of the bullpen with the Rattlers.
- Two of the three runs Matt Miller allowed came with two outs.
- He snapped off a couple of late-breaking curves that appeared to fool both the batter and the umpire that went for balls.
- Miller did throw a lot of strikes – in difficult conditions – on Tuesday night. Unofficially: 76 pitches (55 strikes)
- Miller did not walk anyone and struck out five.
- Unfortunately, the loss officially knocked the Timber Rattlers out of playoff contention. They are six games behind the Cougars with six games left in the season. Kane County has the tie breaker on the Rattlers.
- Dang it.
- The Rattlers went 35-35 at home in 2011.
- The home opener in 2012 is Thursday, April 5 at 6:35pm against the Kernels.
- Next post comes to you from Burlington, Iowa on Wednesday night.