Home run #11 for Mittelstaedt
Bees 4, Wisconsin 1
Boxscore | Game Story
- Brooks Hall reached 100 innings this season with his three innings tonight (100-1/3 to be exact)
- Tough call on a play at the plate in the second inning. If it goes the way the Rattlers saw it, Jason Rogers has an outfield assist and the game is 1-0 heading to the third.
- But, it didn’t go the Rattlers way.
- Dan Britt with three scoreless innings and Greg Holle with two scoreless innings out of the Rattlers bullpen.
- For a team that is awful defensively (182 errors this season) Burlington made some slick plays tonight.
- Both of the 4-6-3 double plays they turned in the game made me do a double take.
- But, hey. They are going to the playoffs.
- TJ Mittelstaedt appears to be finishing strong.
- First, 13-for-27 during the just completed homestand to raise his average from .282 to .297.
- Then, he goes 2-for-3 with a homer and a stolen base tonight. He bumps his average up to .300 after this performance and matches his season high hitting streak of six games.
- Not bad for a 44th round pick
- Oh, AND the dirtbag stole his 28th base of the season.
- This kind of snuck up on me. Cody Hawn is now hitting .293 on the season. He – like Mittelstaedt – is in the Top 10 in hitting for the Midwest League with five games left in the season.
- Non-baseball but still minor league related note: The music guy in Burlington may have the most eclectic playlist in baseball. This is one of the songs they play after games as fans leave Community Field:
- I’ll need to keep track of their songs tomorrow night for the whole playlist so I can make a mix tape.
- See, a mix tape is…
- Oh, tape is recording material that is stuck inside a cassette..
- Cassettes are….
- Oh, I’ll see you tomorrow.