Nick Shaw's sacrifice fly in the seventh inning
Burlington 6, Wisconsin 3
Boxscore | Game Story
- One bad inning. The Burlington Bees had six runs on
five four hits in the fourth inning. They had had six runs on four hits for the entire game and beat the Rattlers 6-3.
- It became four hits in the game after a leadoff infield single by Royce Consigli in the 4th was changed to an E-6 after the game.
- The Bees didn’t have a runner go past first base in any inning…Except the fourth.
- They were 4-for-5 with runners in scoring position in that one inning and the one out made with a runner in scoring position was a grounder that moved a runner from second to third to set up their final run.
- Meanwhile, the Rattlers offense collected seven hits, drew two walk, got hit by two pitches, and had one other player reach on an error…and scored three runs.
- Wisconsin was 2-for-7 with runners in scoring position and one of those hits with RISP didn’t get a run home because Nino Leyja made a great stop to keep the ball from going into the outfield.
- Baseball is a cruel game.
- BUT, there were some bright spots tonight.
- Reggie Keen made a little history tonight.
- He stole his 40th base of the season when he swiped second in the 7th inning. He becomes just the 5th Rattlers player to steal 40 or more bases in a season. It’s happened six times (One player did it twice).
- Those in the Rattlers 40 Club:
Pedro Liriano (2001) – 65
Ramon Valera (1998) – 52
Ariel Durango (2000) – 49
Ramon Valera (1999) – 42
Jermaine Clark (1998)- 40
Reggie Keen (2011) – 40…and counting
- Congratulate @ReGGieReg21 when you get a chance!
- Jason Rogers blasted a solo homer out to left-center tonight. It was his sixth of the season in 61 games.
- Again, I wonder where the Rattlers would be had he been healthy all year
- Nick Shaw drew two more walks tonight and is now at 81 for the season.
- If it were someone else, I would say that seven walks in the final four games would be impossible and that Shawn McCorkle’s #2 spot with 87 walks on that particular single season list would be safe.
- But, Shaw has drawn five walks in a GAME this season. What’s to say he can’t make it close down the stretch.
- Plus, Brian Garman worked two perfect innings and struck out a pair. His scoreless streak is at seven innings.
- Garman since August 5: 16.2IP, 10H, 3R, 14K
- Rattlers and Bees wrap the season series on Friday night.
- Four games remain in the season.
- Dang. Where did it go?