Pohlman Field from the press box
Beloit 5, Rattlers 1
Boxscore | Game Story
- Arnett’s slider was sharp and late breaking at times today.
- But, the Snappers got to him for a three-run second inning for a 3-1 lead.
- Then, the Rattlers offense really didn’t do too much.
- Ten strikeouts by four different Snappers pitcher.
- Plus, there were a couple of outs on the bases today. Daniel Ortiz, the Beloit right fielder, has a very, very good arm.
- Plus, catcher Jhonathan Arias made an unbeliepossible (cross between unbelievable and impossible) catch on a Reggie Keen foul popup bunt.
- It was sick. especially the way that Arias took a step in the wrong direction and managed to recover before diving back and making the catch.
- Garman’s scoreless streak is now at eight after his scoreless fifth inning.
- Miller ran into a little trouble in the eighth with two outs. A double and a single and a run scored to make it 5-1.
- But, overall he threw the ball well again.
- Cody Hawn had a pair of hits. He’s raised his average to .295 on the season.
- Franklin Romero, Jr. fouled a bunt off his upper chest/throat area in the top of the 5th. He stayed in to finish his at bat, but Chad Stang replaced him in right field to start the bottom of the fifth.
- The Rattlers have lost six straight and are six games under .500. This is the first time either has happened to the Rattlers in 2011.
- The roster move to get Charly Bashara active for tomorrow’s game is Del Howell to roster of the AZL Brewers.
- Speaking of tomorrow, it’s a 2pm start.
- Sigh…One game left. One more night in a hotel. One more meal in a hotel restaurant. One more bus to the ballpark. One more bus ride home…
- I’d be lying if I said that I’m not going to miss this.
- Get ‘em tomorrow.