And that's the season.
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers 11, Beloit Snappers 0
Boxscore | Game Story
- You can never really base anything on the final game of a season, but that was a really nice way to end the season.
- All of the runs came with two outs in an inning.
- Heckfire! All EIGHT of the runs in the seventh inning came with two outs.
- That’s not just nice…THAT’S AWESOME!
- Just click here and scroll down to the seventh inning and take a look.
- If you saw an eight run inning in there before it started….well, you are smarter than I.
- Granted, it doesn’t take much, but still…
- That picture above is of the last out of the 2011 season. It’s a 5-3 putout in the bottom of the ninth.
- What is the first thing you notice about it?
- Well…What is the first thing you notice after the big, black lines from the nets?
- Here’s what I noticed: Even up 11-0 with two outs and nobody on base in the bottom of the ninth in the last game of the year, Joey Paciorek is hustling down the line to back up the play. Also, Chad Stang and Greg Hopkins are running to get in position on a potential overthrow.
- I think that speaks volumes about the 2011 Timber Rattlers.
- They hustled right to the end and – if I can say this without sounding like I work with or cheer for the Cardinals – they played the game the right way.
- A few notes about the blog over the next few days:
- I will be posting the highs & lows and a few other season wrapup things and checking in with Rattlers alumni in the Majors.
- However, I am planning on taking a couple of weeks of vacation. Posting may be erratic.
- Once I am recharged and revved up there will be some new features for the off season.
- A couple of things before signing off today.
- A big thank you to the coaching staff of Matt Erickson, Chris Hook, Dusty Rhodes, Jeff Paxson, & Tim Gifford.
- Thanks to the all of the players who played for the Timber Rattlers in 2011. Good luck.
- The Timber Rattlers front office does not get a lot of mentions on the blog, but they deserve a lot of credit to keep me on my toes and they let me do…whatever it is that I do. Thanks to Rob and the entire front office.
- And THANK YOU! You checking in on Rattler Radio during the 2011 season made this a great year on the blog.
- Rattler Radio has reached the top 30 for the last several months on the MLB Pro Blogs list.
- That’s all because of you.
- Opening Day, 2012 can’t get here soon enough.
- See you in April
Right after the last out.
Ending the season on a high note.