Manager’s report from Advanced Instructional League (#3)
Timber Rattlers manager Matt Erickson checks in from Arizona with a report on Monday’s game of the Advanced Instructional League. The word ambush comes up very early in the write up in the game between the Brewers/Mariners prospects and the White Sox/Dodgers prospects*.
- The AIL Brewer’s pitching staff was ambushed for 16 runs on 17 hits today.
- The White Sox/Dodgers scored runs in each of the first 6 innings including an 8 run 2nd, and cruised to the 16-4 win.
- Defensive report:
- We turned 2 DP’s. Vucinich caught a line drive and threw to 1b to double up a runner L5-3.
- Rivera also started a 6-4-3 DP.
- Morris made a nice catch along the fence in foul territory F3.
- Offensive report:
- After a leadoff single in the 1st, Morris singled to LCF to move runners to 1b and 2b.
- The lead runner scored on a RBI double for the first run of the game.
- Morris struck again in the 4th with a leadoff single and scored on a 2 run inside the park HR.
- In the 7th, Vucinich hit a 1 out double, moved to 2b on a dirt ball read, and scored on a RBI groundout from Walla for a 15-4 final.
Brewers prospects in the boxscore:
Nick Shaw: 0/2
Hunter Morris: 2/4, run
Shea Vucinich: 1/2, run
Max Walla: 0/3, rbi
Rafael Neda: 0/1
Yadiel Rivera: 1/3
TJ Mittelstaedt: 0/1
Adam Weisenburger: 0/1
*-Mentions of the pitchers in the game were not included in the report