Kane County 5
Boxscore | Game Story
- Cameron Garfield showed some of his pop on Saturday. He turned around a 94mph fastball from Angel Baez and lined it out for a no doubt home run. Second homer of the season for Garfield.
- Home runs:
The home runs for 2012 are through 85 games. The home runs for 2009, 2010, and 2011 are for the entire season. This year’s version has a bit more pop.
- The Rattlers are also on a power surge. They have hit at least one home run in nine straight games. Wisconsin has hit 14 homers during the streak. I don’t have the numbers in front of me, but I can guarantee that a nine-game home run streak hasn’t happened in a long time.
- Welcome back, Alan Williams: 2IP, H, 0R, 2K. Looked good. And now the Rattlers have three left-handed relievers as an option out of the bullpen.
- Take another look at the double play turned by the Rattlers in the ninth inning. That is some heads up defense by Yadiel Rivera to get over and cover third base. Very good throw from Nick Ramirez back to third base, too.
- Matt Miller hit two batters…well, the same batter twice…on Saturday night. I didn’t realize this, but he has hit 12 batters in 99-1/3 innings. That seems like a lot, but it comes with pitching inside. Unfortunately, that guy scored both times he was put on first base tonight.
- Mike Garza had a rough start with the Timber Rattlers as he went 0-for-4 and stranded five runners. Better days ahead for him.
- I can’t tell you how nice it was to see a game played with the temperature below melting point of lead.
- Just to touch on the business side of things. Tonight’s game drew 5,366. Great crowd and great weather. Come on back.