Nine after 9 for Nine for August 8, 2012
- Games like this happen. They just do.
- Read the game story and you’ll get a feeling for how Wednesday went for the Rattlers.
- Baseball is a stupid, cruel, vicious, ugly game. Chadwin Stang’s 19-game hitting streak came to a very quiet end as he went 0-for-4
- You can’t figure baseball out either. The Rattlers have been the best defensive team in the Midwest League all season long. They committed three errors on Wednesday and seven errors in their last four games.
- Eswarlin Jimenez is a decent enough lefty. After the game on Wednesday, he was 6-4 with a 3.67ERA. But, he turns into Tom Glavine or Warren Spahn against Wisconsin. His overall numbers against Wisconsin are in the story, but in three starts against the Rattlers in 2012, he is 3-0 and has allowed three earned runs on 15 hits in 17-2/3 innings… That’s an ERA of 1.53.
- Another data point to prove that you can’t figure out baseball: Cedar Rapids was 13-31 in the second half and 45-69 overall before the game. They are 8-6 against the Rattlers this season.
- One last data point on the this game is stupid and you can’t figure it out. The three games in which the Rattlers have allowed the most runs this season are all against Cedar Rapids. The Kernels scored 15 on August 8, 14 on June 1, and 12 on July 6 against Wisconsin
- Baseball will make you crazy if you think too much about it.
- Baseball also keeps you coming back for more. Another game on Thursday with Shaun Marcum as the starting pitcher. Can’t wait to see what happens.