End of the homestand
Poets are like baseball pitchers. Both have their moments. The intervals are the tough things. – Robert Frost
Some quick points because there is a lot to do tonight before leaving for Lansing tomorrow.
- The Timber Rattlers were 1-for-15 with runners in scoring position in this game
- Michael Reed had a double in the first inning. He moved his hitting streak to 7-games with that hit.
- The top of the sixth inning was tough to describe. A pair of windblown popups dropped in for foul balls, an error, and a double play that wasn’t turned. It went on way longer than it should have.
- South Bend led 5-3 with no outs and the tying run at the plate in the bottom of the seventh. From there…it gt out of hand in a hurry.
- The – originally unscheduled – off day comes at a very opportune time. The team will travel to Lansing on Wednesday and start that series with a doubleheader on Thursday. Here are the scheduled starters for that series:THU G-1: RHP Tyler Wagner v. LHP Daniel Norris
THU G-2: LHP Mike Strong v. RHP Javier Avendano
FRI: RHP Leonard Lorenzo v. LHP Alonzo Gonzalez