Results tagged ‘ Music ’
I drove this trip. Posting on the trip back is not an option.
So, in honor of Chadwin Stang reaching 19 games on his hitting streak – and the need to have a little something that is both smooth and mellow on the blog after the series finale in Beloit….
A little Steely Dan, if you please:
On the bus. Probably about 7 or 7-1/2 hours. Will try to create a coherent thought – which was damn near impossible during the broadcast tonight – on the ride home for a decent Nine after 9 tomorrow.
For now. Take, take me home
Oh, did you hear? Jonathan Lucroy is tentatively scheduled for a rehab assignment for the Rattlers from July 19 through July 22? Well, he is. Tickets available here or at the ticket office at 9am – (800) WI-TIMBER or (920) 733-4152.
No retreat. No surrender.
Apt for this Rattlers team, no?
We are getting closer to our home.
I’m going to need awhile…So, Take Five everyone.
- I almost want to post a Steely Dan video and call it a night
- But, let’s just go with the highlights…
- First, the Rattlers were 8-for-20 with runner in scoring postion
- Second, the Rattlers were 2-for-2 with a walk and a sacrifice fly in 4 plate appearances with the bases loaded
- TJ Mittelstaedt with a 2-for-3 night, three walks, and FIVE RUNS scored. Plus, stolen base #26 on the season.
- That will happen when you send nine batters to the plate in the first and fourth, and also 10 to the plate in the sixth.
- Nick Ramirez drove in five with three extra base hits, a pair of doubles and a long homer to the beach in right-center.
- Joey Paciorek with a monstrous homer over the batter’s eye in center.
- Not sure what happened once the Rattlers got up 7-0. There were a couple of errors in the third inning and Brooks Hall did not bounce back from those. Then, he gave up the two-run homer in the fourth to let the Cougars tie the game.
- But, Brian Garman and Maverick Lasker picked up Hall tonight.
- Garman with 3IP, H, 0R, and 2K
- Lasker, in his first game since August 6, tossed three perfect innings, struck out five, and picked up his first professional save.
- Reggie Keen with stolen base #39 on the season
- Oh, and in case you were wondering, the Rattlers record for runs scored in a game is 20. That record was set on April 28, 1996 against Lansing and matched on August 14, 2001 at Fort Wayne.
- And now….Ladies and Gentlemen….Donald Fagan and Walter Becker:
- Eric Arnett with a quality start tonight. 6IP, 4H, 3R, 3BB, 7K. I saw the velocity tick up to 93 on one of those seven strikeouts.
- Unofficially: 86 pitches (54 strikes)
- Five of the River Bandits runs came on two out hits
- The Rattlers had four hits, but stranded 10 runners in the game
- Franklin Romero Jr with his first walk at home this season
- The song to start and end the fireworks display tonight were awesome!
- A concept for a future fireworks display. Just play the whole Princes of the Universe song with the ending from the first Highlander film playing on the video board. Then, just as Connor wins…cut away to the Space Oddity video.
- Not to get all Peter King-ish here, but Christopher Lambert is immensely underrated.
- Sure, he seems to wind up using a sword in movies that in makes no sense for his character to use a sword.
- Like Knight Moves, The Hunted (1995), and To Kill A Priest.
- Well, maybe not that last one, in which he plays a priest in the Polish Solidarity movement…and is really quite good.
- Get ’em tomorrow.
Last day of the road trip. Finish strong!
Reggie Keen – CF
Nick Shaw – 2B
Mike Walker – DH
Greg Hopkins – 3B
Cody Hawn – 1B
Chris Dennis – LF
Tyler Roberts – C
Yadiel Rivera – SS
Franklin Romero – RF
Sunday’s Starting Pitcher:
Sunday’s Game Notes: RattlersGameNotesJune5
Sunday’s Bonus Music Video#1:
Sunday’s Bonus Music Video #2: