Results tagged ‘ Top Five Tuesday ’
In case you haven’t heard, Eddie Warczak – and his Fox Cities Stadium groundscrew – is up for an award from SportsTurf Management Organization. Eddie is up for Field Pattern of the Year.
I thought this would be a good time to take a look at his Top Five Field Patterns of the Year.
5. He calls this one Big Checkers. To make a little extra money when we have this pattern, I think I’m going to allow people to come out and play Life-Size Chess.
4. This one is Double Diamond. It looks time consuming just for the shear number of lines. Plus, if just one is off, the whole thing is off.
3. There is no truth to the rumor that a centerfielder from the Clinton LumberKings was sucked into the The Vortex during batting practice. None whatsoever. It is kind of hypnotic when you look at it.
2. Star & Baseball is this high on the list for a couple of reasons. The shapes are number one, but how about the patience to get the lines in foul territory right, too. If I am doing this, I just want to get done after the star and baseball are finished. Forget the rest of the field. Not our groundscrew.
1. This is the one that is up for the award. The ‘TR’ Logo and the baseball. It’s not just letters…it’s the exact logo. That’s like writing calligraphy with a freaking lawn mower. Next summer we will need to have Eddie do a video or a time lapse on how he shades the grass like this: