Results tagged ‘ Videos ’
- What a fun night!
- And I don’t mean just because the Rattlers won.
- Maverick, you have permission to buzz the tower.
- Rough third inning with a pair of two out walks, including one to force in a run that put the Rattlers behind 1-0.
- By the way, that’s TEN straight games in which the opponents have scored first.
- Put that third inning off to one side. The other six innings are why Maverick has been a prospect.
- In all, I only had him at 76 pitches through seven innings and he threw 51 strikes.
- Keep going.
- Adrian Rosario showed a few flashes of why the Orioles took a chance on him with the Rule 5 draft.
- Yes, he got into trouble in the eighth. But, he got out of it with some nasty stuff.
- Velocity was good. Movement was better.
- Dusty Rhodes got kicked out of the game in the third inning. Chad Stang was ruled out on a pickoff play.
- Dusty disagreed.
- The Rattlers lost three runners on the bases tonight. That will need to be cleaned up a bit.
- The Dirtbag strikes again. Three more hits and TJ Mittelstaedt bumps his average up to .326.
- Cody Hawn with a pair of singles and he extends his hitting streak to 14 games.
- That matches Scooter Gennett’s 14-game streak from last season as the longest of the Brewers Era for the Rattlers.
- Jimmy Nelson gets the ball tomorrow. Brooks Hall is being skipped this time through the rotation.
- On a somewhat related note, something that has been in the works for awhile happened tonight without my knowledge
- Timber Rattlers HOME GAMES are now available on MiLB.TV!!!
- I wish I would have known. That way I could have altered my call a bit. Not much, but enough to synch up a bit with what is going out over the video feed.
- There is a subscription price, but it is minimal for the rest of the season.
- I guess that I can’t make stuff up anymore.
- Enjoy the win and get ’em again tomorrow.
- Speaking of fun!
Bonus video: Sgt. Slaughter sings Take Me Out to the Ballgame.
Reggie Keen – CF
Chad Stang – RF
TJ Mittelstaedt – LF
Jason Rogers – DH
Mike Walker – 3B
Cody Hawn – 1B
Greg Hopkins – 2B
Joey Paciorek – C
Carlos George – SS
Friday’s Starting Pitcher (Rattlers):
Friday’s Starting Pitcher (Cougars):
Friday’s Game Notes: RattlersGameNotesJuly8
Friday’s Video Advice on how to beat the Cougars from Reece Bobby:
Control your heart rate!
- Twitter updates from earlier today to explain why a three inning outing by Austin Ross was not a big deal
Trainer Jeff Paxson would not be watching the game from the dugout if something was wrong with Ross.
Plus, [Del] Howell hasn’t been in a game since 6/10.
…And Keep in mind that the All-Star Game is Tuesday.
- I think the first one is the main clue.
- If today’s game was a win and their in situation, Ross probably would have been in there and to HECK with appearing in the All-Star Game.
- But, it wasn’t.
- For once, I don’t think that I messed up the lede for the game story:
TJ Mittelstaedt may not want four days off for the Midwest League All-Star break. The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers outfielder had a triple, a home run, and two RBI in a 4-1 victory over the Cedar Rapids Kernels on Sunday afternoon in the final game of the first half. Mittelstaedt went 11-for-21 with a pair of home runs during the just concluded 7-game road trip for the Rattlers.
- Your leaders at the break:
AVG: Walker – .282
HR: Walker – 11
RBI: Walker – 49
SB: Keen – 28
WINS: Thornburg – 7
ERA: Thornburg 1.57
SO: Thornburg – 76
SAVES: Holle 15
- A couple of reminders:
The Rattlers will be off until Friday night. They return to Midwest League action against the River Bandits on 6/24
I will have a liveblog of…whatever they are calling the Home Run Derby on Monday night and the game on Tuesday.
You will be able to watch the game on Sports32 if you are a Time Warner Cable Subscriber in Wisconsin
- Speaking of Sports32, they have allowed the Timber Rattlers to put a segment of the latest edition of Field Pass on YouTube:
- Enjoy the next few days, Timber Rattlers fans. Have some fun. The real work starts on Friday.
This line from David S. Glasier of The News-Herald in Eastlake, Ohio would be worthy of consideration for Lede of the Year…Had it only been in the lede of his article on Bowling Green’s 9-8 win over Lake County.
Instead it was buried near the bottom of the first page.
Sad. Because this line needs to be celebrated. It reads like a 1940’s sportswriter jazzing up his copy for the squares back in the editing room.
Doing the most bodacious bashing for the visitors from Kentucky were shortstop Derek Dietrich and first baseman Phil Wunderlich.
Do you know what Bodacious means? Well, perhaps these righteous experts could let you know:
Be excellent to each other….and….PARTY ON, David S. Glasier, dude!
I leave it to you to decide which is the highlight reel and which is the blooper reel
The tarp is off. Let’s PLAY TWO!
Another picture of a beautiful, green field that is ready for a doubleheader does not do justice to the way I feel today.
Cousin Larry. Cousin Balki. Take it away!
Snow is gone. Winter’s over. Snow is gone. Winter’s over.
Don’t believe me. Don’t believe the badly altered John Lennon lyrics? Don’t believe the picture? Well, maybe a certain gentleman by the name of Felix Cavaliere can convince you:
How can you argue with that?
Let’s PLAY BALL!
Bus leaves for Cedar Rapids in a few minutes
Game notes and starting lineups will be up later today.
Tyler Thornburg is the starting pitcher tonight for the Rattlers. He is out of Charleston Southern. Did you know he used to be an outfielder?
The Production Crew did do something other than The Offseason this offseason.
Enjoy the winter at Time Warner Cable Field in 1:58.
The production crew was busy. They have put together videos for the various special seating areas around Time Warner Cable Field. You may check them all out right here.
Here are the videos for the All-You-Can-Eat Section and the Miller High Life Home Run Porch.